General Power of Attorney, Lasting Powers of Attorney or Deputyship Order - which one do I need?

Sometimes there is a wish or a need to ensure your property and financial affairs can be dealt with on your behalf in the event of physical frailty, or mental incapacity issues, particularly as we grow older.

There are various ways in which Eatons can help you, or a loved one, provide for the future. An example may be where a loved one is ill and no longer able to manage their finances but you are encountering stressful situations due to the Data Protection Act with organisations stating 'we cannot speak to you, we need to speak to the account holder', even where you are just trying to help "keep things ticking over".

Eatons can help by preparing the legal documentation needed to ensure matters proceed smoothly when circumstances become difficult including a General Power of Attorney, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Deputyship Orders.

If you feel that you do not have anyone suitable to act in your best interests, the Partners of Eatons are happy to be appointed as your Attorney to act on your behalf. We can manage your general financial affairs, and if you also work with other professionals such as financial advisors or accountants, we are more than happy to liaise with them also to ensure all your needs are met.

When you need to plan for your future, speak to Eatons.


"Thank you for your help and professionalism over the last couple of years. We didn't know when we started the process of applying for the Deputy Orders especially the Health & Welfare Order if we would be successful. The relative now has the paperwork, experience and knowledge to enable her to make sure she has the best possible life and is treated with respect. Who knows what the future holds but if we need a good solicitor in the future we will come to Eatons."

Read More Here